The goal of this program is to promote ‘’globalization’’ through global and local integrated sustainable innovative approaches to livelihood support. SOPISDEW under this program aims at promoting food security, livelihood and sustainable natural resource management through global and local integrated sustainable innovative approaches to livelihood support. SOPISDEW in this program engages children, youths and women to implement project activities.
The following projects and activities are ongoing
- Conservation through the involvement of local and indigenous people in the sustainable management of community natural resources and protected areas so as to reinforce grassroots environmental protection efforts. This is done through community nursery development, tree planting activities, citizen engagement in forest governance agroforestry etc.
- Promoting agricultural and sustainable production for zero hunger, healthy consumption and income generation through home vegetable gardening and promoting organic farming methods and sustainable indigenous bee farming (apiculture) through Integration of Modern and Indigenous Climate Smart Agricultural Practices (IMICSAP)
- Promoting Livestock farming through capacity building for local farmers and Common Initiative Groups and Cooperatives for the purposes consumption and income generation through Integration of Modern and Indigenous Climate Smart Agricultural Practices (IMICSAP)
- Operating the Mount Oku Center for Gender and Socio Economic Empowerment (MOCGSE) which hosts early recovery activities to rehabilitate women affected by crisis. MOCGSE meets the needs of women through creation of small businesses, micro-loans, start-up inputs and capital through the co-operative model and micro-franchising. This center was created to offer support to women facing challenges associated with the armed conflict in North West and South West Regions of Cameroon since 2016 and the outbreak of the COVID-19 global pandemic since 2019. However, SOPISDEW has developed a sustainable model which will be beneficial to community post the crises situations.
- Technical assistance to Community Green Energy Solution (COGES) which has as vision “Clean and Affordable Energy for All”. COGES’s mission is “reducing poverty and supporting social development through climate smart energy solutions”. This platform has three key objectives which are geared towards developing and implementing modern and innovative renewable energy solutions for poor or rural communities through the following actions
- Organizing community education and training programs in the domains of renewable energy as a strategy to fight climate change.
- Engaging communities in identifying and developing renewable energy resources for the fight against climate change, poverty alleviation and livelihood improvement.
- Supporting local, national and international development plans in the domains of sustainable energy through education and partnership development.
- Green businesses promotion through orientation, coaching, registration and fundraising SOPISDEW also organizes cultural exchange programs for communities and assist in planning, marketing and realization of cultural and tourism events gearing towards income generation for communities.
- Transformation and processing of natural non-timber forest products such as production/farming of medicinal plants, adopting & practicing agroforestry and other adaptive systems in the face of global challenges such as pollution and climate change.
- Sensitization and mobilization of the community especially young people and women to engage in environmental management activities.
- Environmental education in basic and secondary schools through lessons, tree nursing and forest rehabilitation exercises.