Health and Wellness
The goal of this program is to provide primary health care, promote public health and practices of wellness and healthy living. SOPISDEW through the Health and Wellness Program aims at supporting health care and availability of basic health services for communities through sensitization and awareness campaigns, mobilization and provision of specific health solutions. The goal is to strengthen community health systems through provision of affordable grassroots healthcare and support to the health system.
The following projects and activities are ongoing
- Promoting public health awareness and healthy living through health education and implementation of comprehensive behavior change communication programs in partnership with private and public health institutions as well as community media.
- Offering primary health care through creation of mobile health units and by extension health centers and health units for sustainability of health activities.
- Offering mental health and psychosocial support services through community based mechanisms.
- Advocating for and promoting sexual and reproductive health rights especially for young adolescents.
- Engaging health promotion and capacity building of community health agents amongst SOPISDEW team of volunteers.
- Supporting national priorities in the reduction of maternal, child and infant mortality and morbidity, the prevention of infectious and non-infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS, cancer and malaria as well as non-communicable diseases through promotion of local health initiatives.