The goal of this program is to empower people from diverse works of life, academic and professional backgrounds to leverage on their skills and competences for social and economic potency. SOPISDEW through this program aims at creating a hub and incubator for capacity building and entrepreneurship which serves as an enabling environment for social and economic potency of individuals, institutions and communities. This program builds human resources for non-profits, for profits, social enterprises and the public sector through a variety of projects and activities. SOPISDEW has an open space for interns who are willing to sharpen their skills and competences in order to be relevant in the job market especially in the world of development, peace and humanitarian work.
The following projects and activities are ongoing
- Empowering, coaching and facilitating procedures for youths, especially high-achieving low-income students to acquire scholarships to study both in higher institutions in Cameroon and abroad.
- Promoting children’s rights to education by facilitating admissions and recommendations.
- Offering scholarships for education of High-Achieving Low Income Students.
- Offering career orientation and personal development goal setting for graduates and early career developers.
- Offering internship and volunteering opportunities for students and job seekers to strengthen their skills and competencies for the employability.
- Promoting Vocational Education and Training (VET) through capacity building activities, training programs, short professional courses and partnerships with organizations who are service providers of VET.
- Offering training and capacity building opportunities and services for grassroots organization.
- Promoting youth leadership opportunities and equitable development of young people through coaching and mentorship.